The TRR Consumer Protection Guidelines are intended to:
• Clarify how TRR expects Service Providers to educate Consumers and respect and protect their rights;
• Encourage best practice by Service Providers and promote the provision of high quality services to Consumers;
• Ensure that all Consumers have all the necessary information they need to make well-informed decisions in a competitive market;
• Set out Service Providers; obligations with respect to Terms of Service, transparency in billing, quality of service and advertising;
• Provide Consumers the opportunity to resolve disputes with their Service Providers in an effective and efficient way and outline the role of TRR in dispute resolution; and
• Increase awareness of Consumers’ rights and discourage Service Providers from abusing these rights.